Wednesday, March 31, 2010

shutters

I can't wait to show you my latest project.

It involves this:


and this:



and a whole lot of this:





Doin' man's work (as my three year old puts it.)

I built me some new shutters... (all by my stinking self) and I couldn't be more proud of these babies! Our house is getting a little make-over and I think were it's going is going to be good for it! I can't wait to see the final result.

I built them on Saturday, the plan was to hang them on Monday, but the wind was blowing like a crazy tornado (or something) and then it rained and snowed all day today. So if when the sun comes out, the hubby and I are going to be climbing the ladder and drilling holes into our new house (scary!) to put these babies up! I promise, it's going to look sooooo good!

Hopefully you'll see it finished before the weekend (weather permitting).

until then, I thought I would leave you with something pretty. (and completely unrelated.)
Some (more) white kitchen love...

from Better Homes and Gardens (Sept 2007)




4 comments:

Holly said...

I absolutely love the richness of wooden countertops, but I keep reading about how hard they are to maintain. I think I've resigned myself to something with a little less upkeep (and a little less pretty).

Waseem said...

How you turned it out...like the kitchen how beautiful just the way it is.

window shutters clayton, ca

Anonymous said...

I have a large island and it has a butcher block top- it's not difficult to maintain if you get a durable finish on it. If love to know about that blue subway tile. Who's the manufacturer?

Shiroweenie said...

Appreciate your bloog post